ST GILES WYDDIAL
St Giles church consists of the 14th century nave, 15th century chancel, and north aisle, south porch - a brick-built north chapel was added in 1632 - and a western embattled tower, with spire, containing four bells, the first dated 1866 and the tenor 1666, the second with an invocatory inscription to St Katherine. The nave was much restored in 1859 and the chancel and south porch rebuilt.
The Jacobean screens to the Goulston chapel are notable; also some good brasses and medieval glass. There are several stained windows, including two in the aisle apparently by a Dutch or Flemish artist of the 17th century and some monuments and brasses to the Gulston, Gyll and Ellis families. In the north wall of the chancel is a brass with effigy and inscription to Dame Margaret, wife of Sir Robert Southwell kt. Master of the Rolls, who died 1575. The register of baptisms dates from 1666 and of burials from 1669.